Elvis vs. Jesus
* JESUS is the Lord's shepherd. ELVIS dated Cybill Shepherd.
* JESUS was a carpenter. ELVIS' favorite high school class was wood shop.
* JESUS was part of the Trinity. ELVIS' very first band was a trio.
* JESUS' entourage, the Apostles, had 12 members. ELVIS' entourage, the Memphis Mafia, had 12 members.
* JESUS is a Capricorn. (December 25) ELVIS is a Capricorn. (January 8)
* JESUS was the lamb of God. ELVIS had mutton chop sideburns.
* JESUS' Father is everywhere. ELVIS' father was a drifter, and moved around quite a bit.
* JESUS said, "If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink." (John 7:37) ELVIS said, "Drinks on me!" (Jailhouse Rock, MGM:1957)
* JESUS fasted for 40 days and nights. ELVIS had irregular eating habits. (eg: 5 banana splits for breakfast)
* JESUS said: "Man shall not live by bread alone." ELVIS liked his sandwiches with peanut butter and bananas.
* "[JESUS'] countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow." (Matthew 28:3) ELVIS wore snow-white jumpsuits with lightning bolts.
* JESUS said: "Love thy neighbor." (Matthew 22:39) ELVIS said: "Don't be cruel." (RCA 1956)
* JESUS walked on water. (Matthew 14:25) ELVIS surfed on water. (Blue Hawaii, Paramount:1965)
* JESUS H. CHRIST has 12 letters. ELVIS PRESLEY has 12 letters.
* JESUS had his famous Resurrection. ELVIS had the famous 1968 "comeback" TV special.
* JESUS lived in a state of grace, in a Near Eastern land. ELVIS lived in Graceland, in a nearly eastern state.